Sunday, July 17, 2011

New phase of life

In two weeks from today I will be moving to Cambodia, and a week after that I will be a real music teacher at Hope International School meeting my students and starting up my own classes.  It seems unreal as life at the moment is consumed by my wonderful campers. J Yet it is a reality, and though I feel complete peace and joy about God’s leading and my decision to go, my heart aches as the time to end my life in the States comes closer, and I recognize how hard it is going to be.  Starting a new phase of life is exciting, but it comes along with the ending of the previous phase.  God has blessed me with relationships, experiences and growth over the last 4 years in ways I did not expect, and I am so thankful for them.    
Please pray…
… as I finish my last 2 weeks at Camp Carl, for strength and focus, and for continual wisdom as we disciple our group of high school campers and help them prepare for life outside of the camp bubble.  God is doing some beautiful things! J
… for good closure as I leave the life that has been a reality for the last 4 years, especially in saying goodbye to family and dear friends. 
               … for both physical and emotional preparation for starting life in Cambodia.
As I head into these next two weeks, God has reminded me that His power is the only thing that I can rely on to get me through.  For now I am juggling so many thoughts and situations, and when I let one fall and get frustrated with myself, He reminds me as He reminds Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9—“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness”.  I will choose to trust in Him for strength, endurance, focus and wisdom in the craziness that this time holds.  God is good.

1 comment: